Friday, July 15, 2011

Things that never change

Before you start reading this, brace yourself! This post is the mirror image of what I feel, a completely unbiased opinion, for that matter, not even a opinion; just an expression of what I feel!
Two days back, as I sat before the television watching the news about the serial blasts in Mumbai, I did not feel sad! I did not feel angry, for that matter! All i felt was a deep and sincere pain and hopelessness! I felt hopeless because i couldn't be console the people who had lost their loved ones, I couldn't tend the people who were badly injured, and i couldn't help the people who had done this to all of them!
To be completely honest i don not feel a trace of harshness for the terrorists who end up destroying hundreds of lives and ruining many others, I only feel a sincere sadness for all of them who fail to realize the virtue of human sentiments and feelings! Humanity doesn't appear in their dictionary and they will die like many others hoping they had not done what they did!
But I did feel anger then. Not when the distorted remains of humans were shown on television, not either when the injured were rushed into ambulances already full!
I felt anger as the home minister in his speech said that Indians show true spirit in what they do after an explosion takes place...when he appreciated the spirit of the Mumbaikars for continuing life as normal after the bombings!
I can not imagine what else he could have said. I am not concerned about what else he could have said but all that I know is that he should have rather done something than to have said something!
Rahul Gandhi said that 1 % of the terrorist elements can escape! But can they escape and infiltrate so far as to target the largest metropolitan! I am astonished by the level of alertness of homeland security and the intelligence database!

We declare alerts after a bombing happens... we call up the police when all that had to happen...happens! This is not an allegation, its just an expression... not because I have to...but because I want to express myself!
I am not targeting the government, who am I to do so? I am just sad that people die when they could have been saved! Maybe they couldn't have been saved...maybe their fate was written when they were born...maybe they were where destiny took them, but we can't just let people die because we think that destiny overpowers everything! We have to be optimistic.. at least till destiny allows us to be!
Please comment...I want to know what you feel! its never one man's job to think for all!

1 comment:

  1. and then our ministers say"India is a country of some shit percent growth".....of what use is this growth when this sort of stuff happens.....instead what they do after these incidents is...play havoc with our jawan's salaries.....our ministers are not running a country...they are running a muck

    ReplyDelete