Sunday, May 22, 2011

The New Gods of YouTube


This is a very very personal opinion. My sole intention by this post is to express my personal choice, and while a desperate attempt has been made not to be prejudiced and biased, any loose nut may hit the face of people who are too curious to find faults or rather meddle with deliberate ones!
To begin with, I must ask the fans of 'certain' YouTube sensations (I find it extremely hard to say their name in case I spell it wrong and spark a controversy!), to please STOP reading this! Right now!
I don't say because I am afraid of a small girl coming to my place and threatening to throw water on me! I just feel that if you do proceed with the text (though you might not find a 'SINGLE' clue who am I talking about)... you might 'feel' like I don't like him... some might even go to the extents of thinking that I have exaggerated a few facts... others, who like to be straightforward, might say that I have slaughtered him!
But then I continue thinking that this is your personal opinion... and that I respect it!

So lets jump to the actual topic...
A few years back, when I had been a school going child, I had heard the song of a 'certain singer'; which I found extremely entertaining! Not nice, but 'entertaining'!
The specialty of this singer was that you couldn't possibly tell that you were listening to 'him' or to 'her'! You couldn't have even imagined what the age of the singer was... because if it was a girl, she was close to 16 but if (god forbid!), it were to be a boy, he had just been born!
So the first question that came to my mind was:

"What is the software called?"

What? you don't get it! i mean the software that makes a person's voice have absolutely no relation with his age or sex!
But the person who made me hear the song, which was about a synonym of 'child' and which rhymes with 'maybe' , and who was immensely enjoying it, told me that it was a boy and that he was close to fifteen!
You might feel like I am making fun of someone... but the very next thought that came to my mind was of sympathy...Yes, Sympathy of the greatest degree... or all these teenagers who think that their Adam’s apple would grow... but find out that they haven't got one!

In a few months, this little child, quite possibly gifted with a sexless, ageless voice, became a worldwide hit!
Little girls had posters of him! The boy with a neutered voice became the idle of every little girl... a person every girl wanted to become!

Now you might think that I am one of the "person-I'm-talking-about" haters! And that I am jealous of his hair and his 'gifted' voice!
Well, to this, I certainly have no answer... because whatever I say about how 'utterly ridiculous' his hair look and how, well, 'shrill' his voice is; no one is going to believe me... and even if you don't, I don't give a heck about it!
I write this post not to change the opinions of the people who think that this sensation is their god, because they won't! Nor am I writing this for deliberately expressing 'hate' for the person in question... I don't hate him as a person... I dislike (Quite an understatement) his sort of music!
Another thing that this 'sensation' has done is that he has given birth to many more like him. Recently I heard that there was a particular girl, who, singing about a particular day of the week, had earned herself more dislikes than the 'discussed person'!(I added mine soon afterwards).
To be extremely honest, the song was absolutely ridiculous! I mean we all know Tuesday comes after Monday and that Saturday comes after Friday... and also that Sunday is a holiday! We don't need a freaking song to tell us that! Thank you very much!

Thus I must conclude the post. And the conclusion is that I don't have a particular conclusion. This was just an opinion. This wasn't a post to tell people not to listen to 'the person in question'! Nor was this a 'hate-mail'! This was just a shade of my feelings and opinions about all that happens around me. This was indeed, The light breeze of the Storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment