Saturday, May 21, 2011

The New Number of the beast... an ode to the Indian government!


This is a remix of the Iron Maiden classic, the Number of the beast... this will convey meaning of greater essence to all those who grew up listening to heavy metal music and to those too... who are familiar with the current political situation of India. Think not that I’ve don’t this for no cause...  the general elections of 2014 convey a new ray of hope for all of us... a hope against corruption all over India! Comment if you like it... and spread it if you care!

Woe to You Oh U.P and Bengal
for the Government sends the beast with wrath
because he knows the time is short (and elections coming);
Let him who have understanding
reckon the number of the beast
for it is a human number
its number is two thousand and fourteen!

I lived alone
my mind was blank
I needed time to think to get the memories from my mind

What did I see? 
Could I believe? 
That what I saw that night was real and not just fantasy

Just what I saw 
in my old dreams 
were they
reflections of corruption staring back at me?

'Cause in my dreams
it's always there 
the evil face that twists my mind and brings me to despair 

All the money is black 
was no use holding back
'Cause I just had to see
was someone watching me
In the Swiss bank
huge figures move and twist
was all this for real 
or just some kind of hell
2-0-14 the Number of the Beast
Thieves and dacoits were spawned to be released

Torches blazed and 
sacred chants were phrased
as they start to laugh 
Someone with a quarter and someone with half;
In the night 
the money is shining bright
the ritual has begun 
Government's work is done
2-0-14 the Number of the Beast
Sacrifice is going on tonight

This can't go on 
I must inform the law (oh! Ha ha ha!)
Can this still be real 
or just some crazy dream?
but I feel drawn 
towards the chanting hordes
seem to mesmerize...can't avoid their eyes
2-0-14 the Number of the Beast
2-0-14 the one for you and me

I'm coming back 
I will return
And I'll possess your land
and I'll make you burn
I'll have the fire (money) 
I'll have the force (police)
I'll have the power (literally)
to make my evil take its course!

Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. i believe that there should be no political parties and all. there should be judiciary, executive and defence all independent of each other and each ofthem should have a tenure of 5 years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... I agree with you with the greatest degree of consent!

    ReplyDelete